Electrical Testing – From £150*
The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 places a “duty of care” on employers and landlords to maintain electrical systems to prevent danger where otherwise it may exist. The only way of ensuring your duties are performed and adequate records are kept is by carrying out a Periodic Electrical Test and Inspection in accordance with BS 7671 (The IEE Wiring Regulations).
By following this practice, you can be sure that your obligations have been met under the Health and Safety at Work Act so far as electrical safety is concerned and more importantly that you and your possessions are safe and that your insurance company will pay out in the event of a claim arising from an electrical fault or fire.
What we can do…
Full electrical testing on the supply and internal fixed wiring of your property to the latest regulations BS7671 2008,amendment 3 2015 and IEE wiring regulations. This will include the Distribution Board all circuit breakers and associated RCBs, the complete earthing arrangement of the installation with all cables ,switches,sockets and fixtures checked for soundness and compliance.
These are the usual electrical tests performed:
- Visual inspection of the installation
- Continuity of (cpc) & Earth conductors
- Continuity of the ring circuits
- Insulation resistance of conductors
- Earth loop impedance test to determine the quality of your earthing
- Testing of RCDs to check that they do trip at the correct time and current rating
Prices start from £150*. This includes a full test & inspection and a certificate detailing any observations.
Contact us now for a free no obligation quote or for more information.
* price excludes VAT and is based on a standard 1-3 bedroom house/flat with one consumer unit.